Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day of wedding co-ordinator

Ok, I think I am almost as far away from the scary Style Network "Bridezilla" as you can possibly get. That being said, however, I am a little (ok, a LOT) nervous about having to co-ordinate all of the little details of the day, on the day.

I was never in the market for someone to do all the planning for me, no, I am having way too much fun doing it all myself! But, I would like to hand off the reins to someone else on the day, and have all my fabulous plans orchestrated by someone else! I know I have many, many hands I can delegate to on the day, but I really want everyone to be able to sit back and enjoy it with me - not be running around putting up chuppah's and arranging centrepieces :)

So, I shopped around a lot, and was horrified to find that some co-ordinators were charging upwards of US$1500.oo for the day of ONLY! Eek! Talk about totally blowing my budget out of the water! But after some serious searching I found Justine Rojas. She seems to be the answer to my prayers (well, if I prayed anyways...)!

Here is what she includes in her US$450.00 fee:

  • Unlimited meetings and email/phone contact prior to wedding, as requested by bride.
  • Gathering and reviewing all your vendor contracts. Assuming responsibility for all vendor contact as requested per bride.
  • Assisting with suggesting vendors, details and keeping up with brides personal checklist to ensure all is done. 􀁹 Calling all vendors to confirm details and times of arrival/delivery.
  • Designing floor plan layouts if necessary. 􀁹 Creating a detailed time-line of entire wedding day schedule for bride and bridal party. (as prepared by bride and consultant)
  • Organizing the processional and recessional.
  • Rehearsal Coordination. If Justine Rojas is not available for a particular date, wedding responsibility cards will be handed out to bridal party, this does not constitute a reduction in price.
  • Assuming responsibility for all vendor contact for 1 week leading up to wedding day.
  • Wedding Day Coordination:
o Meet w/ bride to review last-minute direction, questions, or concerns.
o Greet vendors upon arrival and receive deliveries . o Assist wedding party, family members, guests as needed .
o Ensure all vendors are doing their job according to contracts. Ensure set up is desired by the bride and groom.
o Light candles, place all party favors, assist in decorating if reception is not in charge of doing so.
o Gather anything remaining at the end of the night such as gifts, cake servers and toasting glasses, unless otherwise instructed by the bride.
o Ensure that everything at the venue is cleaned according to the contract; However, Justine Rojas will not be responsible for cleaning the reception hall, even if prior arrangements had not been scheduled by the bride.
o Provide 1 assistant coordinator if necessary.
o Distribute final payments and tips to vendors on behalf of couple.

So I think I am getting a great deal (I believe my sanity is worth the cost!).

Here is her blog if you want to check her out:
http://fabulousfetes.blogspot.com/

No comments: