Saturday, March 8, 2008

249 days out!

Oops, missed the 250! (well it was the weekend after all!)

Bridesmaids colour scheme (better version!)



Clockwise from top left: Flowers will be "Flame" Calla lillies; my hairpiece/fascinator made by Myra Kim (myrakim.etsy.com); my current design inspiration for my save the dates; my dress, by J.Crew :)



Clockwise from top left: the kind of shirts the guys will wear - Cuban Guayaberas; The ceremony location on Dania Beach, FL; My thank you cards which I DIY'd with my trusty Gocco screening gizmo; The reception venue, Beach Watch restaurant on Dania Pier;



We aren't having the traditional "sit-down" dinner, we are having passed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, a salad station and a cheese station. Dessert will be cake...mmmm :)

Clockwise from top left: Our aisle will be marked with smaller versions of these orange paper lanterns, hanging from the hooks in the pic directly below. They will also decorate the reception venue - bang for buck!! Our guests will sit on picnic blankets on either side of the aisle; Still deciding on cake design, although thanks to I hopefully have found a baker!



Shoe shortlist:



My wedding band - my engagement ring will move to my right hand after the wedding day. Still to be purchased from Shade Jewelry (ShadeJewelry.etsy.com)



Decided, but no pics:
- Favours = wine glass charms with recycled Scrabble tiles with the owners initial on them - Scrabble is sort of a sub theme - my FH proposed on a Scrabble board!

Still to do:
- Invites, I think they will just be a larger version of the STDs...
- Pick a photographer; I just have one more to meet and I think they'll be the one!
- Hotel block for Out of Towners
- Music - no clue ! Will use an iPod and have a friend to control it, but no idea of what to play yet!
- Plan rehearsal dinner with FMIL
- Honeymoon
- Find make up artist/hair person
- Find Tailor/Alteration person to take the dress in (it's a little big)

Phew!! I'm tired now !! :)

No comments: